In 2009 Sequel, Film Producers, Exhibitors Fight Over Revenue

New Delhi/Mumbai: : While the theatrical release of Prakash Jha's Hindi film Aarakshan is almost certain, uncertainty looms large over the fate of over two-dozen forthcoming Bollywood and Hollywood films worth R300-350 crore. After a two-year truce between Bollywood producers and multiplex operators, the battle lines are once again drawn between the two over who will get what percentage of revenue. This is because the two-year agreement between the two parties expired on June 30 and multiplex exhibitors are now demanding a new revenue-share arrangement whereby they want 54-56% of box-office collections in the first week of a film's release leaving 46-44% for the producers.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *