Little India is the largest circulated Indian publication in the United States, as well as the largest circulated overseas Indian publication in the world.
The editorial focus of the print magazine, established in 1991, and the Website, launched in 1996, is on cosmopolitan Indians worldwide. Every month, the magazine brings readers trenchant commentaries on overseas Indian life and the works and visions of Indian artists, performers and professionals.
Contributors include Indian academics, scholars, professionals, artists, students, social activists, government officials and journalists. The Philadelphia Inquirer commented on the magazine’s “Thoughtful prose …. Introspection on themes as varied as the recession, politics, sex, racism and the movies fill the pages of Little India.”
Little India’s exceptional and unmatched editorial content has been recognized with:
- 21 Ippie Awards from the Independent Press Association of New York
- 7 New American Media Awards (dubbed the Ethnic Pulitzers)
- Magazine of the Year Award from South Asian Students Alliance
- Nominations for the Utne-IPA Award for ethnic issues coverage and the GLAAD Media Award in the magazine article category, along with such nominees as The New York Times Magazine, ESPN The Magazine, Teen People and The Nation.
For information on advertising, please check out our Advertising Section.
To contribute articles to Little India check out our Writers’ Guidelines.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org